Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
James City County has a variety of opportunities available in our parks to maintain your mental wellness and connect to nature during these challenging times. You can practice social distancing while still getting exercise and reducing your stress – come hike, bike, fly a kite, boat or fish - we can help.What’s Open?All County parks are open. The County’s tennis courts and pickleball courts are open, available for singles play only. The tennis courts are located at Jamestown High School, Warhill High School and Lafayette High School. At Veterans Park, only the eight pickle ball courts are open, 7 a.m. to sunset daily. However, patrons must practice social distancing; please maintain a social distance of at least 6-feet and groups of more than 10 will be asked to separate. Dogs must be leashed and under the complete and immediate control of their owner at all times. - Brickyard Landing, 990 Brickyard Road (off Forge Road): public boat ramp
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park, 1350 John Tyler Highway: walking trail, boat ramp, fishing & open space
- Diascund Reservoir Park, 9551 Diascund Reservoir Road: boating access & fishing
- Freedom Park, 5537 Centerville Road: mountain biking, hiking, walking, nature trail & open space
- Greensprings Interpretive Trail, 3751 John Tyler Highway: ADA accessible trail, hiking, running & wildlife viewing (no bikes)
- Ironbound Park, 150 Carriage Road: ADA accessible walking trail
- James City County Marina, 2054 Jamestown Road: ADA accessible walking trail & wildlife viewing
- James City County Recreation Center Park, 5301 Longhill Road: mulituse trails for hiking, biking & jogging
- Jamestown Beach Event Park, 2205 Jamestown Road: jogging and walking are allowed on the beach. Swimming for exercise. Fishing in fishing area. Paddle craft launching is allowed only in the designated area.
- Little Creek Reservoir Park, 180 Lakeview Drive: mulituse trails for hiking, biking and jogging, boat launch & fishing
- Powhatan Creek Park and Blueway, 1831 Jamestown Road: fishing, small watercraft launch & wildlife viewing
- Powhatan Creek Trail, 3131 Ironbound Road: mulituse trails for walking, running, cycling & wildlife viewing
- Upper County Park, 180 Leisure Road/Toano: mountain biking and mulituse trails for hiking, biking and jogging & open space
- Veterans Park (Kidsburg), 3793 Ironbound Road: ADA accessible multiuse trails for hiking, biking & jogging
- Warhill Sports Complex, 4900 Stadium Road: mulituse trails for hiking, biking and jogging, shoreline fishing & open spaceThe use of these amenities and facilities are permitted in accordance with Governor Ralph Northam’s Executive Order Fifty-Three. However, opportunities may change so please check daily for any changes in policy.What’s Closed? - All James City County facilities including the recreation centers and Legacy Hall are closed
- All restrooms and water fountains in County Parks are closed
- All public basketball courts, volleyball courts, sports courts, athletic fields, playgrounds and skate park are closed. This also includes these courts at local schools.
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park – the campground is closed.
- Jamestown Beach Event Park - sunbathing, picnicking, grilling, sitting and loitering on the beach are not permittedJames City County continues to provide most services and staff are available for assistance by phone or email. Visit https://jamescitycountyva.gov for more information on individual departments and services. For more information on County parks and trails, call 757-259-5360.Media Contact:Renee Dallman, Public Information Officer757-272-3337, email@example.com