2021 marks the 40th Anniversary of James City County Parks & Recreation! Help us reflect on our history and the countless individuals and groups and organizations who have helped us in meeting our mission to provide the programs, parks and facilities you enjoy today. Do you have photos of yourself, your family, friends or neighbors visiting our parks or participating in our programs over the past 40 years? Please share them with us - the photos may appear in our upcoming fall edition of the Destination Recreation Activity
Brochure as well as other 40th anniversary promotions.
To Get Started
Submit your photo(s) by July 7! Email or mail your high resolution photos: firstname.lastname@example.org or James City County Parks & Recreation, 5320 Palmer Lane, Suite 2A, Williamsburg, VA 23188, ATT: 40th Photos. If requested, photos received via US mail will be returned.
* All photos must have been taken in a James City County park or James City County facility such as the recreation centers. For the complete list, click here!
* High quality digital photos needed - visually appealing with no distortion due to lighting or blurriness as photos may be enlarged. Photos must comply with the rules of decency.
* Youth currently aged 17 and younger must have the approval of a parent/guardian to appear in the photo. Please provide approval.
photographer must approve use of their photo. Please provide your approval.
*Photos must be
submitted by July 7, 2021 for inclusion in promotions.
retain ownership of their photos. However, James City County reserves the right
to publish any photos submitted and may use them for program promotions,
publications or exhibits.
In addition to your photo(s), please tell us:
(1) Your Name
(2) Your Phone Number
(3) Your Email Address
(4) Date or Year photo was taken
(5) If pictured, Name(s) of Participant(s): Pictured (left to right):
(If you prefer, we'll only use first names)
(6) Which James City County park or facility is pictured?
(7) Description of the activity occurring?
(8) How has James City County Parks & Recreation benefitted you or your family over the years?
For Fun! 40th Anniversary
James City County
Parks & Recreation 40th Anniversary Calendar
Check out the Summer 2021 Destination Recreation Activity Brochures for more history on our parks, facilities and programming!
Follow us on Facebook too for the latest news and events!
Questions or comments? Please email email@example.com or call 757-259-5415 and leave a detailed message containing your name, phone number and question. Copies of the Summer 2021 Destination Recreation Activity Brochure can be downloaded or picked up at the James City County Recreation Center, 5301 Longhill Road; the Abram Frink Jr. Community Center, 8901 Pocahontas Trail; any James City County Park office; the Satellite Services Office in Toano, 3127 Forge Road; and at the James City County and Williamsburg libraries.
Veda McMullen, Senior Communications Coordinator