Budgeting for family fun is important. You want to have fun and explore while making memories, but you don’t want to break the bank.
- Take a farm tour at Fox Wire Alpaca Farm. The tour is guaranteed to be fun because of all the llamas, donkeys, cows and goats you will see while learning about alpacas. Owner John Ballentine has many fun facts to share about alpacas. Cost is $5 a person for the farm tour. http://foxwirefarmalpacas.com/
- Enjoy a variety of rides “a la carte” at GoKarts Plus by purchasing tickets for a ride or two. Each ride is between one and four tickets. You can buy 20 tickets for $25. http://www.gokartsplus.com/
- Go berry picking at MillFarm Christmas Trees and Berry Farm. Berries are only $4 a quart (everyone can pick their own!) or $15 for a gallon. You could see who can find the funniest shape or the biggest berry! https://www.facebook.com/MillFarm-Christmas-Trees-Berry-Farm-293164084108758/
- Rent a kayak and take a nature tour on the James River. Check out where to rent kayaks here.
- Grab the bikes and go on an adventure. There are numerous locations for bicycling in James City County that are free or very low cost.
•Virginia Capital Trail
- Explore York River State Park! Parking is less than $5 and most scheduled activities are free. http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/york-river#general_information
- Pack a picnic and enjoy Veterans Park that has extended summer hours and lots of fun for the kids. http://www.jamescitycountyva.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Mid-County-Park-Kidsburg-18
- Enjoy activities at Chickahominy Riverfront Park. For less than $10 a person, you can use the driving range (a bucket of balls and golf club is $7) or rent a kayak ($9). http://www.jamescitycountyva.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Chickahominy-Riverfront-Park-2
- Enjoy activities at Freedom Park including the Williamsburg Botanical Garden and Freedom Park Interpretive Center. http://www.jamescitycountyva.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Freedom-Park-7
- For adults, there is a fine wine tasting available at the Williamsburg Winery for only $8. http://williamsburgwinery.com/winery/tours-and-tastings
Know of something else that’s under $10 and fun? Let us know at email@example.com.